This course is for progressive and social justice oriented social change leaders who want to learn how to apply our signature, step-by-step model for designing equitable large-scale change without inadvertently reproducing the oppression that caused the problem in the first place or wasting your scarce time or money on elaborate strategic planning sessions.
This course will help you spread and scale your solution to everyone who could possibly benefit as quickly as possible. Speaking of which...
Did you know it takes 17 years for any given solution to spread to even half of the population who could benefit from it?
We know you don’t have that kind of time!
Even worse, according to a study in the UK, only 5% of large-scale change initiatives achieve their intended outcomes.
Don’t let that be you!
Look, there are really only three reasons so many why large-scale change initiatives fail and why it takes so freaking long to spread and scale solutions:
- Your solution doesn’t actually solve the problem or it makes things worse.
- Your theory of change about how to get to spread/scale is off.
- Implementing and leading a large-scale change initiative is really hard and requires an entirely different skill set from leading a stand-alone program, no matter how successful it is.
This course is our answer to #1 and #2. Our other course, the Inner Work of Social Change, and our Coaching Community are our answer to #3.
By taking this course, you and your team will go from having a vague idea about what your solution is to a proven, equitable solution that actually solves the problem.
You will go from having too tepid or too grandiose of an aim to achieving consensus on a bold, quantifiable, inspiring, yet completely do-able aim.
You will go from a loosey goosey strategy to implementing the three things you must attend to in order to succeed
What you need to know and do as a leader of a large-scale change initiative is entirely different from what is required to run a successful program. We’ll teach you everything you need to know and do so you can beat those odds!
You and your team will learn all of this at your own pace, taking you no more than six months. Because we want this to be self-help, not “shelf” help. Get it?
In the first half of the course, Dr. Christine Ortiz, Founder of Equity Meets Design, will guide you through deeply interrogating your proposed solution to ensure that it actually solves the problem.
Once your solution is approved by Dr. Ortiz, Becky Margiotta, cofounder of the Billions Institute, will guide you through designing a plan to go to scale.
As a result of completing this course, you will gain confidence that your solution is, indeed, worth scaling, and have a solid plan for going to scale in hand.
As we mentioned before, this is a self-paced course, but it is also well-supported. You and your team will have six months to complete the course, but lifetime access to all of the resources and materials. Additionally, you will have access to three office hour sessions with Dr. Christine Ortiz and three with Becky Margiotta. We will give you customized feedback every step of the way.
The tangible learning outcomes of this course are:
- Refine your solution so that it actually solves the problem, advances equity, and is ready for scale
- Craft a “just right” bold, quantifiable, time-bound aim for your next wave of expansion (not too incremental, not too grandiose)
- Identify appropriate strategies and tactics to gain leverage as you go to scale based on your unique circumstances
- Concisely articulate a viable theory of change for going to scale that you can take to funders
The Fine Print
- Enroll anytime - course starts immediately
- Lifetime access to asynchronous materials
- 30 day guarantee - you can ask for a refund anytime within the first month if you decide this isn’t the right support for you and your team